Thursday, December 13, 2012

Documentary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWQssDFuV5E


The argument for my documentary was if Facebook could help people from losing friends, especially since many have just left home for college. I chose this topic mainly because many of the friends I talked to everyday in high school, I have not heard from since I left for college. So I thought with this topic I could see if other students were having the same problems as me. I wanted to find out how they were using Facebook to get out and meet new people or as a crutch to stay inside their dorm rooms.   

I think my documentary succeeded in getting my point across at the beginning so there was no way to miss the whole reason for it. Also, I was able to interview people who were able to prove me wrong because I thought everyone would be having this problem with balancing old friends with new ones. I had some pretty nice shots of the library, but I wish I had more time to get some other shots to add variety to the documentary.

I think my narration was the best way to present my topic because it allowed the documentary to flow and allowed the viewer to be led to what I want them to see and understand the point I was trying to get across. I think I might have fell short in the creativity in my layout. I usually take a very long to get my desired product in a project, but because of the time constraint I had to accept what I had with little time to change much if I did not like it. I feel like I could have made it perfect, or my idea of perfect, I had more time for trial and error to get something I went all out on.

Even though I did not have a lot of time, I still like the way my documentary came out. I succeed in getting some good shots of places were students would typically use Facebook and good interviews with students who felt comfortable enough to share their personal info on camera. I am glad I was able to achieve a simple way to get my idea across while keeping the viewer entertained with some lively music and ok transitions. They were only ok because Windows did not have much of a variety so that area was left a little bare. Overall, I feel like my documentary on Facebook and whether or not it could help keep friends was a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment